|1. Hallomall||2. Lepower||3. Warsun|
Light is an essential source that is necessary to brighten the area. A work light provides high-intensity and bright light that illuminates your workspace efficiently. Generally, technicians use such lights for many reasons like car repairs, stage shows, garage, and gardens. It is essential to buy the best LED work light that saves electricity bills and helps in doing daily outdoor work in bright light.
Nowadays, people are using such lights to work at night or indoors. Work lights are manufactured by using modern technology. The LED chips are bright enough that it can light up a big area by a single press of a button.
There are many lighting needs – from worksites to emergencies. Work lights embedded with new technology are getting popular in the market. These lights are available in many attractive designs with tripod stands and hooks. Some LED work lights are portable and can be taken anywhere. Many of them are waterproof and can be used in any weather condition.
It is necessary to justify your investment regarding a work light. You must buy a long-lasting, durable, bright, waterproof, portable, and versatile work light. It is easy to install and turn on the work lights. There is a variety of LED lamps that are available in the market.
It is essential to consider some of the vital factors before buying the work light for your work. In the following write-up, you will go through different types of the work light, essential factors, and best products that provide bright and efficient light.
Types Of LED Work Lights
1. 110V Floodlights
The floodlights illuminate the area with light. The lumens of light are pointed in one direction to provide maximum brightness in the workspace. The floodlight operated on 110V also comes with a tripod stand.
Floodlights that are mounted on a tripod stand emit light at a higher trajectory and widen the lit area with less shadowing. These lights are more compact and portable, which can be moved from one area to another regularly. LED lights, as compared to halogen lamps, are easy to pick as they are robust, shock-resistant, and produce less heat.
2. Task Lights
A task light is a fluorescent site light in a pretzel shape. These lights are evolved with LED options. There is not a big difference between the latest LED task lights and floor-mounted floodlights. These lights provide an unprecedented 6800 lumens of light. These are available in either single or double outlet sockets that help in running the lights in series.
3. Rechargeable Lights
The stand-alone and rechargeable floodlights have become popular in recent years because these are convenient and six hours of running times per charge. People prefer cordless lighting solutions because cables can cause a hazard on the site. There are two types of rechargeable floodlights i.e., 10 watts with 900 lumens of light and 30 watts with 2700 lumens of light.
4. Festoon Lights
These lights have been replaced by LED lights, as these are more efficient. It reduces energy consumption by 87% per bulb. The Festoon light is a permanent solution to get temporary lighting. After installing it, the lights tend to stay in place for the whole time of work. It is comparatively cost-effective, and it is a good idea to invest in this lighting.
5. All Round Lights
It is an ideal lighting solution to illuminate your entire rooms or area, as compared to a single working area. The light is not much intense as compared to tasks or floodlights. It can emit light to complete 360 degrees and cover a large area. The 110V LED uplight comes with an outlet socket to run the lights in series.
Factors To Be Considered Before Buying Best LED Work Lights
1. Lumens And Not Watts
The brightness depends on lumens and not wattage, as it is a measurement of energy drawn by the bulb. You can calculate the amount of electricity bill by measuring the bulb’s lumens. The value of lumens should be high, and one must also consider the quality of the LED chip.
Choose the Right Colour
LED bulbs can also display a variety of attractive colors that range from purple to red. It is a color spectrum of whites and yellows.
The color temperatures are measured in Kelvin (K). Warm yellow light has a low color temperature with low Kelvin value i.e., 3000K. It gives a comfortable atmosphere. On the other hand, the blue light provides higher color temperatures with high Kelvin value i.e., 5000K.
2. Dim LEDs
The ambiance of your room depends on the amount of light. Most dimmers were designed to work with incandescent bulbs. The dim LEDs cut off the amount of electricity. You must buy dimmable LEDs that are adjusted to dim. It helps you in saving energy consumption and also extends the life of the bulb.
3. All LEDs Are Not Equal
Energy-efficient lighting is a primary priority that everyone desires. LEDs are a great replacement of incandescent bulbs that provide the same level of brightness in less power. Not all LED bulbs are equal. There is a variety of LED bulbs available in the market.
Some are not manufactured according to the industry standards. The performance of the LED bulb depends on the LED chips. High-quality LED chips are long-lasting and can be less depreciated over time, in terms of both light output as well as quality.
4. Bulb Lifespan
Lifespan is one of the essential factors that is required to consider before buying it. Most of the LED bulbs can last up to 50,000 hours. If you want to buy an LED bulb that can be used daily for 8 hours, then it may last for 17 years.
5. Light Intensity
The light intensity is directly proportional to the amount of lumen. It means that the light intensity will be higher if the lumen is high. You must know about the magnitude of light intensity for your work areas.
The unit of power is measured in watts. You can use the LED wattage to calculate the energy efficiency by determining the lumen per watt. An LED uses less wattage, and provides the same lumens of light. A halogen downlight uses 55 watts with the same light intensity as of 4.5 to 14 watts LED downlight.
Top 15 Best LED Work Lights 2020
1. Hallomall 24 LED
It is a bright work light with high-quality 24 LEDs. You can light up your space during a power cut. The lamp is portable, durable, and can be used anywhere. The waterproof lamp is lightweight and easy to carry.
You can use it for fishing, camping, and other outdoor activities. It comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium battery along with two USB ports and a battery charger. Check out its other features in detail.
- Bright Light: There are 24 LEDs of 15W that are super bright.
- Colored LEDs: This best portable work light comes with two blue and two red flashing LEDs.
- Rechargeable Battery: The LED light comes with an in-built rechargeable high-quality lithium battery. You can use two USB ports for charging mobile devices.
- Portable and Lightweight: It is a lightweight light that is easy to carry. It can be used for camping, fishing, or during power cuts.
- Durable Outdoor Lights: This spotlight can be rotated in 360 degrees and also waterproof. It is made up of durable material that can withstand harsh weather.
- Components Included: The package includes one LED work light, one wall charger, one USB cable, and one user manual.
- This LED light is very bright, lightweight, and durable.
- It is lightweight, portable and can be installed at any place.
- The colored LEDs in this work light are not very bright.
2. Lepower IP66 LED Work Light
It is a super-efficient and bright LED flood light by Lepower, which is one of the best work lights. It comes with 250W Halogen Bulb to provide extreme brightness and shadow-free lighting. It can save up to 80% on your electricity bill. Its waterproof design makes it perfect for outdoor and indoor lighting. Consider its other features in detail.
- Bright and Energy-saving: The 250W halogen bulb provides super bright light. The irregular radial reflector surface saves electricity up to 80%.
- Material: The floodlight is made up of tempered glass, which is very durable. Its cross design of heat dissipation made up of aluminum, makes it light and durable.
- Safe: The UL plug with connected ground wire is operated with 110V voltage. The light is entirely safe to use.
- IP66 Waterproof: The LED light is waterproof with an IP66 rating. It can be used outdoors as well as in indoor lighting projects.
- Wide Beam Angle: The light with a beam angle of 120 degrees, which is shadow-free and anti-glare to provide bright light.
- Warranty: The company offers a warranty for 18 months. There is a money-back guarantee of 60 days if you get any quality problem.
- Components Included: The kit includes one waterproof floodlight of 50W with plug and one user manual.
- This LED work light is very bright, which helps a lot in power cuts.
- The work light comes with a wide beam angle of 120 degrees that makes it shadow-free and glare-free.
- The power cord is very short.
3. Warsun Portable LED Work Light
There are three different modes of brightness that can be switched by a single button. You can hang it on objects like tents with the help of a hook. Go through its exciting detailed features.
- Bright COB Light: You can operate this LED work light on 30W. It has two built-in rechargeable 1800 mAh batteries, along with a USB port for charging mobiles and other devices.
- Durable: The best rechargeable work light is made up of a sturdy and durable aluminum alloy, which is tested under a 4.9 feet drop test.
- 3 Brightness Modes: There are three different modes of brightness i.e., low, high, and SOS flash. You need to press the button to switch among three modes.
- Hook and Magnet Design: A strong magnet that can be attached to metal surfaces provides temporary lighting. You can hang it on objects like tents with the help of a hook design.
- Portability: It is a cordless and rechargeable lamp that is perfect to use at home, camping, car repairing, hunting, fishing, emergency roadside repairs, etc.
- It provides an excellent light output that can last at least 5 hours.
- A single button can easily change three brightness modes.
- It is necessary to have a detailed manual.
4. Ustellar 5500LM LED Work Light
- Cable: It is a portable LED work light, along with a 5m power cable with on and off switch. It operates on AC 100-240V, which makes it more convenient to use anywhere.
- Bright: This work light provides extreme brightness operated on 55W. A switch can manage two brightness levels. You can replace the 400W halogen bulb with a 55W LED and can save up to 80% electricity.
- Durability: It is easy to rotate this work light horizontally by 360 degrees and vertically by 180 degrees.
- Waterproof: The work light has high light transmittance with a sealed on and off switch. It is perfect to use in both indoor and outdoor places.
- Versatile: You can use the light in many places like construction sites, garage, garden, plumbing, workshop, etc.
- It is a good and bright LED work light.
- You can buy this portable and durable work light at a reasonable price.
- The light is a bit heavier than halogen lights.
5. Coquimbo LED Work Light
The COB light by Coquimbo is the best LED work light rechargeable that gives white floodlight to broadcast a big area. It is easy to rotate horizontally by 360 ??degrees. It provides multi-angle illumination, which can be used on any occasion. Know more about this product and its other features.
- Durable: This work light is made up of hard rubber, which is anti-sweat as well as anti-slip. The aluminum head dissipates the heat effectively. You can fold the lamp and carry it anywhere.
- 5 Modes: There are five lighting modes: high, medium, front light, red warning, and strobe red.
- Rechargeable Battery: It comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, with a USB port to charge electronic devices.
- Rotary: It can be rotated by 360 degrees to provide multi-angle illumination.
- Small and Large Lights: The size of small lights is 20.3 x 3.4 x 2.5 cm, and large lights are 27.2 x 4.5 x 3.3 cm. It has a dust plug at the USB port. Large lights come with a built-in 18650 rechargeable battery, and small lights come with a built-in 14500 rechargeable battery.
- Components Included: The package contains two rechargeable work lights, two Micro USB cables.
- This work light is perfect for camping and other outdoor emergencies.
- The USB chargers can charge limited devices.
6. Lepower 2-Pack LED Work Light
It is a super bright work light by Lepower to provide shadow-free lighting. It can save 80% of the electricity bill. The wide beam angle of 120 degrees offers a wide illumination range. Its waterproof design makes it long-lasting. Go through its exciting features in detail.
- Very Bright: The LED chips are incredibly bright. It is five times more luminous in comparison with traditional incandescent light bulbs.
- Energy Saving: The uneven radial pattern surface of the reflector helps in saving over 80% on the electricity bill.
- Durable Material: The body of the work light is FCC certified. It comes with tempered glass as well as the cross design of heat dissipation. It is made up of high-quality and durable aluminum.
- Safety: The floodlight comes with a UL plug connected with a ground wire. It operates on 120V.
- Waterproof: This LED work light is waterproof with an IP66 rating. You can use the light in indoor and outdoor places.
- Warranty: The company provides a warranty on the product for 18 months as well as a 60 day money-back guarantee if you face any quality problem.
- Components Included: The package consists of two 50W waterproof floodlights and a user manual.
- It is a high-quality, heavy-duty, and waterproof floodlight at a decent price.
- It is challenging to install.
7. Neiko 40339A 700 Lumen LED Work Light
The COB technology helps in providing bright illumination with higher energy efficiency than other LEDs. It includes a detachable magnetic base and two rotating swivel hanging hooks. It comes with a rechargeable 4,400 mAh Li-ion battery with an indicator. There are three brightness modes and many other exciting features.
- COB Technology: This feature helps in increasing the lumen output per square inch. It provides bright illumination with higher energy efficiency than other SMD LEDs.
- Accessories Included: The work light comes with accessories like a detachable magnetic base and two rotating swivel hanging hooks to attach it anywhere. You can use it at home, your garage, for camping and emergency car repairs.
- Design: The LED light is designed with a handheld and portable stick. It is made up of highly-resistant aluminum and polycarbonate lenses for durable protection.
- Batteries: It comes with a rechargeable 4,400 mAh Li-ion battery with a low battery indicator.
- Brightness Modes: There are three modes of brightness: High Mode of 700 lumens with a run time of 4.2 hours, Medium Mode of 400 lumens with a run time of 6.5 hours, and Low Mode of 250 lumens with a run time of 11.5 hours.
- It is a portable and energy-efficient work light.
- The price of the LED light is a bit high.
8. Otyty 2 Waterproof 1500LM LED Work Light
Otyty is a professional supplier of portable LED work lights. It is the best rechargeable and waterproof floodlight, which is perfect for car repairs, camping, hiking, emergency lighting, etc. Know more about this work light and its other features.
- Super Bright: It is a portable 1500 lumen work light that is operated on 30W power. It provides extremely bright light in your indoor as well as outdoor places.
- Power Saving: You need to replace your traditional halogen bulb of 200W with a 30W COB LED to save 80% of electricity.
- 3 Brightness Modes: There are three brightness modes of this LED work light i.e., High, Low, and Strobe. You can easily switch between the modes by pressing a single switch.
- Waterproof: This work light is waterproof, which is IP65 rated. You can use this light work light even on rainy days.
- Portable and Flexibility: The LED light is portable because it comes without a cord. It has an adjustable stand that can be rotated to 180 degrees.
- Rechargeable Batteries: There are two 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries included in the package. It is equipped with a USB cable that helps you to charge it quickly. It is a convenient power bank to charge your phone and other devices.
- Purposes: You can use this work light for camping, hiking, fishing, car repairing, exploring, and other outdoor activities.
- Components Included: The package comes with two 30W LED work lights, two USB cables, four 18650 rechargeable batteries, and a user manual.
- It is a bright work light with rechargeable batteries at a reasonable price.
- The run time of the batteries is 1.5 hours.
9. Lepower 2-Pack LED Work Light
It is a pack of two LED floodlights that operate on 50W. It is one of the best LED work lights that provide efficient, bright, and convenient light. The LED chips are ultra-bright, and it is an excellent replacement for halogen bulbs of 250W. You can save up to 80% on your electricity bill. Check out its other considerable features in detail.
- Extra Bright: The LED light is capable enough to produce up to 5000 lumens of super-bright light with the help of high-quality reflective film. The beam angle of the light can reach up to 120 degrees, which are shadow-free and anti-glare.
- Energy Saving: It is a perfect replacement for a halogen bulb of 250W. You can save upto 80% electricity.
- Material: This outdoor light is made up of durable and sturdy aluminum with multiple groove design. The tempered glass helps in having an excellent heat dissipation.
- Safety: The Lepower work lights are FCC qualified, and the UL plug is connected with ground wire. It gives efficient lighting and provides extra protection to your home.
- Easy to Use: You can efficiently operate the light by using the On/Off switch, which is located on the 59 inch cord. It is very convenient and easy to use. The adjustable metal bracket makes it portable, so that can be installed at any angle wherever required.
- Waterproof: It is an IP66 waterproof floodlight that can be used in gardens, factories, docks, yards, stadiums, outdoors, etc.
- Warranty: The product is offered with a warranty period of 18 months. There is a policy of 60 days money-back guarantee if you get any quality problem.
- Components Included: The package includes two 50W floodlights with plug and one user manual.
- The LED chips in this floodlight give very bright light.
- This light is energy-saving and also saves a lot of money.
- The work lights come in a single design.
10. PowerSmith Green PWL110S 1080 Lumen
PWL110S is a new model of LED work light by Power Smith, which is compact, versatile, and very easy to use. It provides 1,080 lumens with color brightness. You can hang it in the garage, lawns, factories, etc. The light is weather-proof, and it comes with a metal stand of 5 feet with a power cord. It is a fantastic work light with many features.
- Bright: It provides extremely bright light i.e., 1,080 lumens 5K colored bright light. You can install it anywhere you need it.
- Adjustable: The work light comes with an extra-large metal hook, which makes it easy to install and can be adjusted at any angle. It has a tilting head that can be adjusted to 360 degrees.
- Easy to Use: You can operate this work light with ease by using a sealed On and Off switch.
- Weather-proof: This PWL110S flood light by Power Smith provides 1080 lumen light in any weather as it is completely weather-proof.
- Stand: There is a durable metal welded stand for rugged use. It is a perfect light for indoor as well as outdoor use.
- It is a bright, lightweight, as well as affordable work light.
- This work light is easy to install on the welded stand.
- The light gets super hot if touched after sometime.
11. PowerSmith Dual-Head PWL2140TS
PWLT2140TS is another powerful LED work light model by PowerSmith. It comes in a waterproof sealed aluminum housing with impact-resistant glass lenses. You can switch on and off the sealed power switch in any type of weather. It produces 4,000 lumen of bright light and stays cool when touched. It is five times more energy-efficient as compared to halogen lights. Go through its interesting and detailed specifications.
- Powerful: It is a powerful work light as it provides 4000 lumens of bright light. It comes with a metal tripod to place it anywhere. The lights can extend to the overall height of 63 inches.
- Convenience: There is a power cord of 9 feet with a grounded plug. It is easy to use anywhere without any tangled extension cord.
- Longevity: It has long-lasting and super-bright LEDs, which are 50,000 hours rated, without any maintenance.
- Adjustable: The work light can be adjusted down to 30 degrees and up to 90 degrees. You can position the light wherever you need at any height with an included metal tripod.
- Durability: It is made up of sealed and durable aluminum housing with a metal tripod. It is rugged, durable, sturdy, and waterproof.
- This work light does not get hot quickly.
- It is an excellent set of work lights at a reasonable price.
- The material used to build the light is not good enough.
12. Dewalt DCL079B
DCL079B model by Dewalt is the best LED work light that operates on 20V. It comes with a portable and cordless tripod to light your workspace. You can customize the level of illumination as required. It is compact with a handle that makes it portable,, and allows you to take it anywhere. Consider the features of this tool before buying the work light for your garden.
- Good Visibility: It provides a natural white LED light with accurate color visibility. It has a long life spa,n as it does not get hot after illuminating.
- Customizable Brightness: Three brightness settings can be customized according to your workspace.
- Easy to Extend: The telescoping pole can easily extend the light head to 7 feet, which helps in reducing shadows and glare.
- Runtime: The work light comes with a run time of more than 11 hours.
- It is a bright light that can illuminate your workspace efficiently.
- You can extend the telescoping pole to 7 feet to reduce shadowing.
- The price of the work light is a bit high.
13. Tacklife 5000LM IP65 LED Work Light
The charging plug can withstand sudden charges than other devices. Its aluminum, tempered glass construction, and grid design help in dissipating heat to increase longevity. It is a waterproof floodlight with many features.
- Extreme Brightness: This work light produces 5000 lumens of bright light that illuminates your workspace. It comes with a built-in 100 LED lights that are equivalent to a halogen bulb of 400W.
- Power Saving: LED lights can save over 80% of electricity consumption.
- Flexibility: It comes with a beam angle of 120 degrees, and 270-degree rotation with adjustable knobs. The 360-degree rotation on the axis helps in adjusting it at any angle.
- Heat Dissipation: The work light is designed with a painted back that helps in displacing heat. It ensures a long lifespan of the product.
- Durable: The frame of the light is made up of high-quality and durable aluminum metal, which is coated with anti-rust paint.
- Portability: The foaming handle provides a strong grip and makes it portable.
- Waterproof: It is waterproof with an IP65 standard, which can be used for a wide range of applications.
- The frame of the work light is very durable and sturdy.
- It is a waterproof LED light that can be used in rainy and snowy weather.
- The length of the power cord is very small.
14. VonHaus 2-Head
It is a large and highly functional work light that is operated on 100W to give an output of 10000 lumens. It can be used safely indoors or outdoors because it is waterproof. It has fully rotary headlamps with a tilting angle from 30 to 90 degrees. It is easy to install and store. Check out it’s exciting and detailed specifications.
- Bright Light: This LED light produces 10000 lumens of bright light because it is operated on 100W. The long-lasting LED bulbs come with a 5000K radiant white color temperature.
- Design: This durable LED lamp is designed with waterproof sealed aluminum housing and impact-resistant glass lenses. You can use it safely at any place.
- Flexibility: The work light comes with a telescopic aluminum tripod stand with a maximum height of 80 inches. You can easily adjust it by using a long power cord of 8.2 feet.
- Detachable LED Lamps: The two LED lamps are adjustable as well as detachable with a down tilting angle of 30 degrees to a tilting angle of 90 degrees.
- Switch: You can operate it by pressing the on and off switch at the power outlet. It is easy to detach the lights from the tripod stand for fast installation and secure storage.
- It is a great lighting system that can be assembled in a few minutes.
- It is a high-quality and durable work light at a reasonable price.
- The length of the power cord should be long.
15. Olafus LED Waterproof IP65
If you need ultra-bright light, stable and long illumination, then it is the best LED work light. It can produce 6000 lumens and illuminate dark corners of your workspace. It is easy to place the light at any angle. The heat sink design allows heat dissipation and makes it long-lasting. It can save 85% of electricity and is beneficial for many things.
- Applications: You can install the light with a tripod stand on the ground or hang it with the handle. It can be used in a construction site, plumbing, workshop, garage, home, garden, etc.
- Brightness Modes: Two brightness modes can be changed by pressing a power button. The high mode operates on 60W that produces 6000 lumen and low mode on 30W to produce 3000 lumens.
- Super Bright: 96 LED chips are ultra-bright. It can produce 6000 lumens of super bright light.
- Power Saving: You can replace your traditional halogen bulb of 400W with this work light. It can save up to 85% on electricity bills.
- Design: The frame of the work light is made up of quality tempered glass and aluminum. Its innovative heat dissipation system helps in increasing the lifespan of an LED to 50,000 hours.
- Waterproof: This LED light is IP65 waterproof and can be used in any weather like rain, snow, summer, and winter.
- Flexible: You can position the light at any angle by using the adjustable angle knob. It comes with a 120-degree beam angle, which makes it shadow-free and anti-glare.
- This work light is durable, compact, bright, and waterproof.
- The work light is a bit heavy to carry.
FAQs on LED Work Lights
1. How Many Lumens Are Required For A Work Light?
If you are living in an average room of 250 square feet, then you have to buy a light source of 5,000 lumens, which is equivalent to five 100W incandescent light bulbs, five 23W CFLs, or eight 10W LED light bulbs.
2. Are LED Work Lights Waterproof?
Yes, these lights are waterproof. The IP67 certified waterproof lights can withstand submersion of up to 1 m for 30 mins. It makes them perfect for outdoors, boating, or any place where you may encounter moisture.
Best LED Work Lights – The Bottom Line
Buying the best LED work light is a challenging task, and it is necessary to acquire a suitable and efficient one. If you want bright lights in your garage for repairing cars, or for stores, gardens, camping, etc., then it is a must to buy it. These lights operate on less power but provide extremely bright light.
After considering everything, buy a suitable work light through your hard-earned money. These lights are trendy nowadays, as it is a basic need for doing daily tasks in a dark place. The LEDs provide excellent light output and help you to save on electricity bills. It is a great deal to have these lights in your workspace.
Purchase a branded LED work light with great features at a reasonable price. Choose the desired design, color, and other necessary features like beam angle, flexibility, portability, shock-resistant, and waterproof. Hurry up before it gets too late!